Saul & Claribel Simkin Centre Family Education Award
The Saul and Claribel Simkin Centre Family Education Fund was established in 2009 by the Brodovsky and Tauber Families for the purposes of providing educational financial assistance to a child and/or dependent of a long term employee of the Simkin Centre. The Fund is administered by The Jewish Foundation of Manitoba which selects one student each year to receive the award.
In 2017, Adam Stoller was the recipient of this award.
This award was established to help children/dependents of long-service employees to pursue post-secondary education. The award is based on financial need, academic achievement and community involvement.
Deadline – February 28, 2018
$2,500 per year awarded to one recipient *
To be eligible for the Saul & Claribel Simkin Centre Family Education Award, an applicant:
- Must be a child or dependent of a “long service employee” of the Centre. A “long service employee” is considered a full or part-time employee who has 5 or more years of service as at January 1st of the year of application
- Must be 25 years of age or LESS (25th birthday must be subsequent to January 1st of the year of application
- Must be applying for, have been accepted into, or be continuing studies in a university, college or other post-graduate program with preference given to persons studying at a Manitoba educational institution
- Must not have previously received the Saul & Claribel Simkin Centre Family Education Award UNLESS the award was not given out during the previous calendar year. **
Assuming the applicant meets the eligibility requirements set forth above, the following criteria will be used by the selection committee in recommending an award:
- Financial need
- Academic achievement
- Community participation or volunteer activity
To apply for this award information and application forms are available on-line at:
You can also contact the Jewish Foundation at 204.477.7520 OR email@example.com.
* The Jewish Foundation of Manitoba reserves the right not to award this scholarship on an annual basis. This is dependant upon the receipt of qualified applications as determined by the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
** If you are a previous recipient interested in applying, please contact the Foundation to determine eligibility.
If you are interested in making a contribution to the Fund, please contact our fundraising office at 204.589.9027 for more information.