Registered Nurse – Nights
- Job Title:
- RN - Registered Nurse - Staff Nurse - Nights
- Hours of Work:
- 0.4 EFT - Nights (23:00 - 07:15) Permanent
- Reference No:
- 17 - 03 - RN - 1n
- Rate of Pay:
- AS PER MNU
- Assumes responsibility for coordinating/planning resident care on their designated units on an ongoing regular basis.
- Directs all levels of nursing staff on the designated shift by ensuring that optimal quality of care is provided to all residents.
- Fosters the client-focused multi-disciplinary team approach to resident care.
- Practices within the CRNM standards of nursing care, Simkin Centre standards and the CNA code of ethics.
- Performs all duties in accordance with established health and safety regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Current registration in the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM).
- Bachelor of Nursing degree an asset.
- Continuing education courses related to gerontology, ethics, leadership, behavioural management skills, psychiatry or general upgrading in current nursing skills are an asset.
- Current certification in Heart Saver or B.C.L.S.
- C.N.A. certification in Gerontology as asset.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred three years experience in Geriatric and/or Rehabilitative Nursing.
- Must possess good organisation and communication skills.
- Must have a high level of human relations and communications skills.
- Must have a good performance and attendance record.
- Must be innovative, self-motivated and progressive.