Licensed Practical Nurse – Summer Relief
- Job Title:
- Licensed Practical Nurse - Summer Relief
- Hours of Work:
- 1.0 EFT - Days/Evenings/Nights - Term (0700-1500 / 1500-2315 / 2300-0715)
- Reference No:
- 17 - 02 - LPN
- July 15, 2017 to September 15, 2017
- Rate of Pay:
- As per MNU
- Assumes responsibility for coordinating/planning resident care on their designated shift.
- Directs all levels of nursing staff on the designated shift by ensuring that optimal quality of care is provided to all residents.
- Fosters the client-focused multi-disciplinary team approach to resident care.
- Practices within the CLPNM standards of nursing care and in accordance with Simkin Centre policies and procedures.
- Performs all duties in accordance with established health and safety regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Current registration in the College of Licensed Practical Nurses (CLPNM).
- Current certification in Heart Saver or B.C.L.S.
- Continuing education courses related to gerontology, ethics and leadership and upgrading in current nursing skills are an asset.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Preferred three years experience in Geriatric and/or Rehabilitative Nursing.
- Must possess good organization and communication skills.
- Must have a high level of human relations skills.
- Must be innovative, self-motivated and progressive.
- Must have a good performance and attendance record.